5th May 2016 BEOA Committee Meeting
Held at Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials
Bullet Points from our latest committee meeting are listed below & will be posted on the website www.beoaorg.co.uk.
- Reports were received from our representatives on the Viability & Development Working Groups. It was felt that Organisers should have a greater representation & this will be discussed with BE
- Starter Trailers There are 3 Trailers stocked with arenas/letters/flags/numbers/rope/posts ….in fact almost everything needed for an event excluding jumps & signage. These trailers are situated around the country and the contents can be used FOC by new events for their first two years or hired by existing events. Contact your RC for more details.
- The date of the next committee meeting will be 1st July. Please contact us if you would like to share any concerns or experiences.
- Details on our Next Open Meetings will follow. The dates for your diaries are:-
Hopetoun 17th June
Burghley Date to be confirmed
BEOA Open Meeting
- Entries Concealing Entries The impact of this issue was being monitored & would then be reviewed. Organisers can hide their entries prior to ballot but must seek approval from BE before taking this step.
Rider education It was felt that riders needed to be better informed about the process of entering, to avoid the Social Media furore that has recently been witnessed.
- Late Entry Surcharge A suggestion this could be moved close to ballot date to encourage competitors to enter early.
A commonality was sought between the late entry surcharge & ‘admin/withdrawal’ fee.
- Fixtures Protocol The new Fixtures Protocol was almost ready & aimed to make the fixtures process both robust & transparent.
Where there was a conflict of interest within the Fixtures Team, the relevant member would withdraw from the meeting, for the appropriate period.
Communications between Organisers & RC’s was encouraged.
- Volunteers Discussion about rewarding volunteers is ongoing
- BE 105 Class This new level is being piloted at a few events & would be in line with the introduction of a similar International level.
- Event Evaluation No adverse comments were received other than a delay in receiving. The chairman encouraged any comments to be sent to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officials Evaluation During committee meetings, a great deal of consideration had been given to this matter. It was felt that this was not the role of the BEOA. If an Organiser experienced a problem with an official that was not being resolved by their RC, they should contact Chris Farr &, as a last resort, the BEOA Chair.
The BEOA committee is considering a more formal process as a method of dealing with these types of difficulties.
- Health & Safety Advisors covering all the country have now been appointed.
Over the next few years, there would be a rolling process of assessing all events, offering guidance and advice.
The ultimate responsibility of Health & Safety of an event lies with the Organiser.
- Event Medics Some events experience difficulties appointing doctors. It was suggested that a list could be held.
- Ground Care Equipment A request was made for a greater range of equipment. The expense & difficulties of maintenance were discussed.
IT Transformation Project David Holmes stated there had been wide consultation to inform the process & there would be a product ready for testing by the start of the next season.