1. The Association shall be called the British Eventing Organisers Association (BEOA)
2. The aims, objects and responsibilities of the BEOA are:-
a.To promote liaison between Horse Trials Organisers and British Eventing (BE)
b.To support, co-operate with and advise the Chief Executive and the staff of BE.
c.To concern itself with any matter benefiting the running and management of Horse Trials.
d.To advise BE of any proposed changes and amendments to the rules and guidelines recommended by Organisers.
e.To establish regional meetings for the membership in areas coinciding with the BE Regional Coordinator’s regions.
f. To report to and consult the membership regarding matters referred to the BEOA by BE.
3. Membership of the BEOA shall be open to Organisers of all affiliated BE Horse Trials or their nominated representative.
4. The affairs of the BEOA shall be managed by a Committee which shall consist of:-
a.i A maximum of 3 members (as needed) from each region who shall be selected by the membership in that region. The appointment is to be reconfirmed annually.
a.ii Up to three co-opted members may be appointed by the Committee.
b.The Committee may invite any person to attend their meeting in a consultative capacity. The attendee will not have voting rights
c. The Chairman or Vice Chairman shall be elected by the committee for a three year term of office.
d. Any Chairman and Vice-Chairman who has completed two consecutive terms shall not be eligible for re-election for a period of three years.
e. The Vice-Chairman shall not automatically accede to the Chairmanship.
f. Should the Chairman’s position become vacant for any reason the Vice-Chairman shall assume the duties of the Chairman until the next meeting when a new Chairman will be appointed.
g. The Vice Chairman may deputise for the Chairman at meetings if the Chairman is unable to attend.
5. Amendments to this constitution may only be made by the members of the Association at a General Meeting, to be called with a minimum of 21 days notice to the membership such notice to contain full details of the proposed amendments.
6. The Committee shall meet at least twice a year and five committee members shall form a quorum.
7. The Committee shall have power to elect a Secretary and Treasurer who need not necessarily be elected committee members.
8. The annual subscription for each event shall be determined by the Committee, this to cover the administration of BEOA and shall be paid by BE to the Association out of the event’s affiliation fee.
9. An AGM will be held in each calendar year, for which a minimum 21 days notice is to be given. Accounts for the previous financial year are to be submitted for adoption at each AGM.